Butyrate supplementation has been shown the result in maintaining optimal gut health, with supporting a positive effect on morphology and support villi health, improved nutrient digestibility, main energy source for epithelial cells and stimulate antimicrobial effectiveness.
OlusPlus® is using coated butyrate or tributyrin to release them in the right site in the gastrointestinal tract. This makes the butyrate is effective deep in the digestive tract, a significant part of the butyrate will be available/released from the moment lipase is secreted in duodenum. The slow release of the coated butyrate makes it in line with the natural digestive process and makes it effective in the whole digestive system.
There are a lot of studies known about the butyrate which profits it have and which positive effects, below we target the main benefits of the butyrate.
- Special energy source for the enterocytes
- Reduce damage by oxidative stress
- Keep tight junctions strong and intestine closed for macromolecules entering the blood stream
- Increased microbial effects
- Increased digestibility of nutrients and improved performance
- Better litter quality
In poultry, effects of butyric acid are similar to those of mono-, di- and tributyrin. Butyric acid is released from these fat sources by digestion, showing similar benefits as free butyrate.
Results from the Olus Plus research farm
Improves health performance on top of coccidiostats or in ionophore free programs: Read more…
- Stabilizes feed intake and improves nutrient absorption
- Stimulates mucus production to protect the gut
- Increases production numbers
- Optimal health conditions to overcome production stressors
Provides more efficiënt poultry production: Read more…
- Supporting cellular metabolism
- Boosts immunity
- Improved digestion, improved litter quality
- Stimulates a well-balanced and diverse microbiota in the lumen and therefore increased gut health
- Higher financial result, due improved technical performanc